Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Aug 24th What a Day!!!







We stayed the day/night in Rapid City, South Dakota. (Traeboy show the kids on the map) We started off at Custer State Park. Unlike it's name, it was NOT where the battle took place. It was very pretty, & lots of HUGE cow-like things called Buffalo. From there we headed to the Crazy Horse Monument. I wasn't allowed in the visitor's center but I could roam other areas. You'll see me in a picture. I couldn't go down to the base of the monument either but I was more than willing to wait in the car. The weather was very nice & I just took a nap. The last stop was Mt. Rushmore. Actually I only got out of the car for a few pictures and a couple of times for walking and...doing personal stuff. It wasn't nearly as big as the Indian but it surely made the visitors feel proud. Paul actually went down on the stage with the other active military and veterans for the flag ceremony and the National Anthem. We didn't get back to our room until around 10:30 or so but it was a full, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment